Gambling can become such a preoccupation that it is difficult to think about anything else. Gambling, obtaining money for gambling and hiding dependency become more important than your professional and social life.
Signs of addiction include...
- relapsing despite expressing a clear intention not to gamble.
- failing to keep to time limits and budget targets when gambling.
- becoming anxious and aggressive if there is no opportunity to gamble.
- missing work to gamble.
- neglecting your appearance due to gambling.
- asking others for money so you can continue gambling.
- wanting to using winnings to pay debts or solve other financial problems.
- allowing gambling to cause family problems.
- no longer showing any interest in friends and leisure activities.
- having suicidal thoughts due to gambling.
Our self-test will indicate whether you may have a gambling problem or be at risk of developing one.